I know I'm a few weeks late in writing this letter, but it's very busy around here. First of all, you got your 1st "real" cold a week before your birthday. Poor baby. There is nothing worse than seeing you not smiling and feeling yucky. You were well for your birthday and then got another cold a week or so after when it snowed here in Houston.
I can't believe I have a one year old. You are so busy these days. You are almost walking-- you let go and take a few steps and then fall. I don't know what I will do when you are actually walking (it's coming soon).
You are eating everything these days! Only table food and milk (as of your 1 yr checkup whole milk). You love yogurt, peas, crackers, pears, sweet potatoes, calflower, broccoli and apples. You are like a bottomless pit. You have a very high metabolism like your momma. You are down to only one bottle a day (weep weep) and soon will lose that lonely bottle too. I can't believe I have packed up most of your bottles. I remember when Lollie gave us them. I was thinking they were so "big". Wow how time flies! It's your turn now, Cam.
Oh. My. Gosh. I am hating your molars right now. For the past month (yes, other mom's I said MONTH) you have been cutting all 4 molars and one tooth in the front all at the same time. You wake up around 3am every morning with a gut wrenching pain cry. It breaks my heart. You usually have your blanket in your mouth when I come in. You just want to sleep it's so sad. So I rock you back to sleep.
You love to go on walks. We have been walking a lot since the weather has been so nice. You also talk, talk, talk! You try and repeat everything I say. You still say "dada" and "tank da" a lot.
Big change this month-- on your birthday weekend Daddy switched you to a 'big girl carseat' (again, weep weep!). Of course it's still rear facing because you don't weigh enough to be forward facing (you look so tiny in it-- you definitely could have stayed in your infant carseat for alittle longer). I don't think you will be forward facing for a long, loooong time since you are in the 1%! Speaking of 1%, you are wearing 6-9 month clothes. (yep, you read write).
Melt. My. Heart. (and everyone else's too!) You give your daddy and me sugars. Can I just say I LOVE THESE SWEET KISSES!!!! You open your mouth wide and put them on my cheek. I have to admit I ask for sugars all day long ;)
You are still sleeping 13 1/2 hours a night. You wake up at 8am and eat breakfast, nap from 10-11:15am, eat lunch at 11:30am, nap from 2-3:30pm (when Addy wakes you up barking from seeing the mailman!!-ugh!!), snack around 3:45pm, dinner at 5pm, bath around 6:30pm and bed at 7pm. Same. routine. every. day. It really helps make for a happy baby. Speaking of happy-- you are the happiest baby I have ever seen! Almost always giggling or smiling. You're favorite new trick is clapping when I sing "If you're happy and you know it". You light up. PRECIOUS!
We had your birthday and it was so much fun. Strawberry Shortcake themed--precious! Some of your favorite toys at the moment are your coupe car, walker, house from Lollie & Poppy, Pink Rock-a-Poodle, block/shape box.
1 yr stats:
17 pounds, 2 ounces (1%)
27 3/4 inches (1%)
We love you so much Campbell! You are truly a delight to be around. We feel so blessed to be your parents. Happy One Year Birthday Sweet Girl :)
Love,
Mommy & Daddy

this is so sweet!! Campbell is so precious and you are so blessed! (and i liked reading the schedule so it gives me an idea of what to expect!)
ReplyDelete