Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's a......


BOY!!! That's right. RJ and I are adding a little boy to our household come October 10th. We are very excited (to say RJ is excited is an understatement!!). I don't think Campbell has any clue what's going on and how her little 16 month old life is about to change.


I want to remember this day, so here's all the details... My parents and brother drove up from Coleman to keep Campbell. The ultrasound appointment took forever (1 1/2 hours before they even started the measurements). I was "small talking" with the sonographer and told her I didn't want to find out the gender until my husband was in the room with me. Literally the third picture she took was of the babies "behind". I asked, "Is that the behind?" She said yes and I (who can't tell anything from those silly ultrasound pictures) knew immediately. She could read it on my face. She asked if I was sure I didn't want to know the gender. I told her I had a rather good guess and would wait for my husband. :) Twenty minutes later RJ was escorted into the exam room. Of course, I asked RJ one last time what he thought the baby's gender was. He said boy once I told him he had to pick one or the other. I, of course, have said boy from day one :)The dr. looked at some more pictures of the heart and then told us our baby weighed 10 ounces and looked very healthy. Then the sonographer put a picture up on the screen (the same 3rd picture) and said, "Do you see that little part right there?" RJ and I said "Yes" and she said "Congratulations! It's a little boy!" The best part was RJ's reaction. He let out his loud laugh (if you know my husband you know exactly what I am talking about) and had a HUGE smile on his face! He was so proud. With Campbell, the first thing out of his mouth was he was about to be totally out numbered in our household. Of course, he was grinning from ear to ear then too, but I really think he was more in shock with Campbell.


We had our appointment with Dr. Irwin after the ultrasound appointment. At first, I couldn't find him when I came out of the ultrasound. I called him and where was he you might ask? He was ALREADY in the baby boutique store looking at little boy clothes. LOL It was too sweet. He was so excited. It's been a stressful couple of weeks for him and me and it was so nice to see him smiling again. He (and I) are on Cloud 9!

My little man's 1st outfit.

(Of course I couldn't even leave OGA without stopping by the Stork Club and picking him out something blue).


The next post: telling our parents!










No comments:

Post a Comment