Thursday, August 18, 2011
18 Month Stats
Little Miss Campbell is definitely on the petite side. Weighing in on her 18 month birthday at a whole 18 pounds 5 ounces (5%), 30 1/2 inches long (1%), and 17 3/4 head cirm (12%). I promise I feed my child. She can put away the food, I assure you! She must have a high metabolism. We are still rear facing in the car since we don't weigh 20 pounds yet :( Maybe by our 2 year birthday.... maybe!
Things she's doing at 18 Months:
words- Momma, Daddy, Uney (Honey), Dagee (a name she came up with for my dad), dog, Addy, ball, bear, side, apple, wa wa (water), more (!!!!!) I hear this at least a 1,000 times a day, crack crack (cracker), car, duck, boo boo, babee (baby- so adorable), eye, bubbles, Ah Oh (again at least 1,000 times a day).
Favorite foods- apples, grapes, mac & cheese
Favorite toys- Rockapoodle, purse, stuffed animals
Favorite items- paci (giving up soon) and Aden and Anais blankets
She is running (stiff leg) everywhere! It's so funny to watch. She loves to play hid and seek and peek a boo. She will run to my closet and just stand there completely quiet and still for about 5 minutes while I freak out from not knowing where she's gone. She's full of personality and acts just like her dad. In some personality aspects she acts more like 15 yrs old then 18 months. She's started raising both eyebrows at me and giggling during our playtime (not timeout time). It's hiliarious. She's obviously mimicking me.
She's having temper tantrums right now where she throws herself to the floor when she doesn't get her way. Yes, you read correctly. It's been fun let me tell you (sarcasism). She's also hitting. Also another joy (sarcasism). I would love any advice on how to manage this. It gets embarrassing.
She's grown a little more hair but still not much. It's definitely strawberry blonde. We have all our teeth and have had them for quite some time. She loves to put her bow/headband on herself first thing in the morning. It's not always on correctly (sometimes collapsing an ear or two... ha ha) but can't leave her room without one on her head. Either that or her sailor hat her Aunt Barabara got her. ha ha..
She's very mechanical. Since about 16 months she has been enabling my cell phone herself (she moves her finger very slowly across the screen until it turns on). She also likes to unplug my phone and then plug it back in herself. This can keep her entertained for a while. She can unscrew just about everything and then screw it back on.
Lately, if I put her down for a nap with only a shirt and diaper, I find the diaper thrown across the room and her sleeping pantie-less. Thank goodness she doesn't wet the bed, but I have to make sure and always put pants on the little bugger.
Everything is so new to her-- I love it! Her little face completely lights up and her mouth drops open when she gets excited. It's like, "Oh my goodness Mom! Did you see that!!" It's so cute and priceless.
The sweetest gesture is when she points to my belly and says "babee" and then points to herself and says "babee" (insert: all her teeth are showing thru her big smile). Yes Campbell, you're completely correct. Mommy is going to have 2 babies under 21 months soon.
She is such a joy and can't imagine our lives without her! I don't know how I can ever love someone as much as I do her. I know other moms say I will love Baby Boy just as much, but right now it's just hard for me to wrap my head around it. She's got my whole heart.
We love you Cam Cam!
Mommy & Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's so nice to have you back! I like reading what y'all are up to.
ReplyDeleteI didn't turn William around in his car seat until he was over two and a half - and he weighed 33 lbs at that point! I suspect Campbell will be like 5 years old when she's 33 lbs. I was the same way. Petite girls are super cute, don't you think? :)
Your baby boy will steal your heart too! I can't wait to hear all about him.