Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

"Drive Me To Drinking"




WOW! I have so many different posts I would like to write about but I guess they will have to wait. Tonight I am going to post about my day today. Where do I begin? Connor is waking up every 2 hours (hence the no posts lately) so normally I guess people would normally start this post when they got up around 7am. Well, my night/day/night/days are all a blur (as I'm sure it's supposed to be with a newborn). Connor was up at 11:30pm, 2:30am (Campbell decided to join him for this feeding so he didn't feel left out-- yippee!) 4:30am, 6:30am and then Campbell got up at 7:15am (just as I laid back down). Since I am nursing, RJ can't really help with the feedings. Campbell was extremely fussy for some reason all morning (I hope she's not getting sick) and wanted me to hold her while Connor decided he would cry because he was still hungry. after eating just 15 minutes earlier. Did I mention he weighs a whopping 10lbs now?!? at 3 weeks? He eats and eats and eats.


Around 11:30am I was about to lose my marbles from all the crying and whinning. I called RJ to vent and instead of a "pep talk" like I needed (thru all the tears) I got a "uh huh... I'm sure it's not that bad... I have to go I have a meeting in 5 minutes." I get off the phone and am pretty livid. I mean, heck, I needed him to say ANYTHING but what he said. You know what i mean, right?!?


I then get on the phone with my friend Lane and begin to vent to her about RJ (I know, not a great wife but I needed to get it out). I noticed when I got off the phone I had 7 missed calls from RJ and a text. I thought, "oh, he's calling to apologize". Then I read the text-- my car died on the side of the road, come get me. WHAT! No, I'm sorry for being insensitve? Not only did his car die and he needed me to come get him but he WASN'T in a meeting at all which means he told a big fat FIB to get off the phone. ha ha.... Well, this is the part of me I need to work on. I didn't call him back for about 15 minutes just because. I know, shame on me. But sometimes you have to let them ponder on their actions. Of course I went to pick him up and had to give him my car for the rest of the day. The camero has finally died and gone to Camero Heaven RIP (not after we put $500 in it 2 weeks ago because it died the day before Connor's arrival). {Did I mention it's a '95 and probably not worth $500?!? I will say my sweet hubby loved that car and never wanted to sell it. He's definitely got his monies worth out of it!}


So, after a long and I do mean LONG afternoon of dealing with this car towing auto shop headache, the crying babies all morning, the no sleep the night before, the dog throwing up everywhere, trying to order birth announcements, my computer crashing and me losing ALL of my most priced pictures of the kids (hoping someone can recover them once I come up for air and can get it to someone), Campbell acting out and successfully trying to hit Connor every chance she gets, Connor leaking poop into his carseat and all over his clothes while we drive Joan home in rush hour traffic and they both scream the entire trip home from Katy {in traffic}, Campbell throwing her dinner all over the floor, and my engorged boobs that have not been emptied in over 7 hours (I know, probably too much TMI) I completely understand how someone came up with the phrase "drive me to drinking!"

3 comments:

  1. This too shall pass. Sleep deprivation is a special kind of torture, and it makes everything so much worse. Just think - tomorrow is BOUND to be better than today was! It absolutely has to be.

    And seven hours?! Girl, that sounds painful just three weeks out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahama Mamas ring a bell?! I definitely embraced them at our MNO during those first six months or so with two under two! And of course talking to other moms who can relate or understand. My best way to cope seems to be vent and then laugh at it all. Please call anytime. Those newborn days are so rough....it's amazing what a little more sleep will do once you can get it. Chin up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there, done that!!! Poor misery!!!!!! I feel for you girl!!! It will pass!!! Oh, I was always crabby w my hubs when the kids were little. Men just don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete