I've miraculously had the nursery together since around 5 months thanks to my parents. We are using Campbell's round crib, Connor's dresser, I bought a new rocker off of MAT, and bought new bedding (everything is white) from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. Now it's just getting small details like the changing pad which I finally got in last week. Now is just the waiting game.
Good news is my gestational diabetes has been under control. My Dr has been so pleased with my numbers that we took me down from 4 blood sugar tests a day to 2 tests (32 wks) to once a day (34 wks). Yay!!! I've only gained about 14 pounds so far (can't believe it bc I gained 25 with Cam, and 30 with Con) and feel so much better this late in the game without the extra weight! This pregnancy isn't over let so I can totally see myself gaining 15 pounds in the last 3 weeks bc I just jinxed myself!
I'm scheduled for a repeat c-section on Tuesday, July 8th at 6:30am. It's about 3 1/2 weeks away (eek!). I am getting more and more tired these days and have been nesting like crazy. Almost to the point of over doing it. The kids are SO excited to meet their sister especially since my sister just had her little boy, Johnson Wilkes Wise about three weeks ago.
I'm so ready to hold our third blessing, too. I wish I could say she has a name (if you ask me she does but if you ask RJ she doesn't). We are down to two names and looks like we will be going into Overtime. It will be down to the OR table or leaving the hospital before she gets a name or we agree. Childish, yes. We both are very stubborn and first borns. It's hard when we don't see eye to eye on stuff but then again we are very different in a lot of ways and can usually compromise... Usually :( Pray he gives in! (Ha! I kid, I kid, kind of ;)
On a last note, I can feel the swelling starting. My wedding rings are getting harder and harder to get on and off and I swear my legs looks like they are retaining water. I haven't seen my mom or sister in a couple of weeks so I'm sure they will tell me honestly when I see them. Ha! There's no one like a sister or mother!
Ok, lastly I promise-- Can I just say how much I love my kids?!? Seriously, there are plenty of hard and tiring days but there is nothing in the WORLD I would rather be doing! I love them so much sometimes it hurts. They are at such a fun age I worry (surprise surprise) that they will feel replaced or shorted once the new baby comes. Always a juggling act and mommy guilt galore. Please pray for peace for them and me and that the new baby is welcomed with open arms from all. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment