I stole this from a friend (thanks Leah!). She's so good. She does a picture for every week with her highlights. Sorry guys. I can assure you no one wants to see this belly... ha ha Maybe later or come see for yourself in person :)
I'm laughing as I type this because I have heard other mom's of multiple kids say that don't remember the specifics with their second child. They usually do with their first, but not their second. Recently, Lizzy and I asked Joan when she started to walk and Joan said, "I don't remember, she was the 2nd. I didn't even finish filling out her baby book". Of course, Lizzy and I laughed. It seems like mom's always make sure everything is perfect for the 1st. I will of course treat them equal but I can definitely see how the second child gets the back seat sometimes. I'm afraid Campbell already has a leg up on the new baby. I don't want to take weekly preggo pictures, I don't have time to blog about the baby, I don't schedule my dr. visits as soon as possible like I did with C, I haven't even thought about the nursery, and names, well, that's a different story! I don't even want to go down that road yet! To say the least, I haven't had a lot of time to completely think about the new baby and I'm starting to feel guilt. I pray for him or her every night but I don't feel like I have gotten to really soak it all in. :( I'm sure I will soon enough when life settles down but then again does life really ever settle down? I know alot of people wait to find out the sex of the baby but RJ and I feel like we can connect more knowing the gender. Seeing the baby for the first time is a surprise in itself whether you wait or find out. Anyway, I have a feeling the hormones are typing so I getting finish this post fast! ha
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 11 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby #2 is the size of a fig
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 3 Pounds and my stomach looks huge. It looks like I did with Campbell at 6 months. The difference is this baby is all in my stomach like a little mini basketball.
Maternity Clothes: Yes. Lots of leggings and workout pants/shirts.
Gender: Don't know yet ;) Will find out the week before my sister's wedding (May 21st) This momma is thinking a boy but we will see ;)
Movement: Flutters here and there. No kicking of course- too small still. I can watch my belly button move up and down which is weird. It's like the baby is doing somersault with the umbilical cord.
Sleep: To say I'm completely exhausted is an understatment. I go to bed by 8pm (no joke!) and get a full 12 hours of sleep. I even nap during the nap if I can. Lately, every little noise wakes me up in the middle of night and I already can't get comfortable.
What I miss: is feeling 'normal'. Having energy to do the little things like going to the grocery store or a playdate with friends without it completely wiping me out for the rest of the day and sometimes the next day.
Cravings: Pizza and pickles (not together of course!) I'm really surprised Campbell didn't turn out looking like a Chick-fil-a nugget! ha
Symptoms: Morning sickness- really just nausea. Migraine headaches and fatigue.
Best Moment this Week: Getting to cook dinner for my family. Lately it's all I can do to pick something up. I'm so sick of eating out. I CAN'T WAIT for next week when I get some home cooked meals by my mom and Ruby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations! Most everything rings true in your post. Brennan is such a joy, but yes...every stinking minute isn't captured like with Ashton. I'm trying on the pictures though! You just have so much going on and more than one little one to focus your time and energy; much less yourself and your husband. It's all a balancing act!
ReplyDelete