Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Baby #2 Details

Hope I shocked some of you with my "surprise picture" of Miss Campbell :) Now for the details I'm sure you have been wondering. (I know I would be wondering if I just saw a picture post like that.)

I'm right at 10 weeks along. Baby #2 is coming on October 10th (seems so close!!). Campbell and baby #2 are going to be almost 21 months apart. Yes, we planned it this way. Call me crazy (which I'm beginning to feel cRaZy) but we wanted them to be close in age. I think anytime you find out your pregnant, whether you are "trying" or not, it's a shock. A shock for us because it happened the first month for both our kids when so many other couples it takes months or even years. Fortunately for us, we feel so blesssed not to ride that emotional rollercoaster.

I had bad morning sickness with Campbell (vomiting for almost 7 months) and like so many people say, this second pregnancy has been different for a couple of reasons. 1) I'm not vomiting just very very nauseous all day and night(!!) 2) I've never been so tired 3)I'm already showing. I go to bed at 7:30pm almost every night. No joke. I MUST get 12 hours of sleep. Period. I'm napping when Campbell naps (both morning and afternoon naps.. ha ha). I don't know if it's chasing around Campbell all day or dealing with selling/buying our house or just daily chores but I'm exhausted.

I also had to buy my first pair of maternity jeans last weekend (I know, you don't feel sorry for me). But it's no fun at only 8 weeks. I never bought a pair with Campbell (well, I bought a pair at Target around 8 1/2 months but my maternity pictures 2 weeks before she got here were taken in my regular jeans). I just can't believe it. It's like my uterus thinks there's a 7 pound baby in there already! Dr. Irwin said it happens with round 2's and c-section mommas. They show sooner. Great. Super Great.

On a happy note, RJ is ecstatic! Beyond happy! He has been wanting another baby since Campbell was about 3 weeks old! He is completely over the moon with happiness right now. We both are. I really don't have a preference on girl or boy (of course you know RJ wants a BOY-- no secret there). I just want a healthy baby. I think it would be wonderful for Cammy to have a sister (there's no better bond than a sister's bond) but a little brother would be fun also. I have no idea what I will do with a boy if that's what God has planned for us :) It will be a whole new world for me (I know some of my good friends are laughing right now!). I guess keep seesuckers and monogrammed polo's in business. Right now, we are just taking things day by day and feeling blessed to be having another little sweet Baby Moses.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Ashley and RJ...so happy for yall. where are you moving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOOOOO excited to meet baby Moses #2!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley- a much belated congratulations to you! What an exciting time, can't wait to hear what #2 is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley! So excited to hear that you guys will welcome another cousin for Franklin! We definitely have to get all of these kiddos together sometime soon. Hope things are still going well with this pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete