Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Monday, March 14, 2011

Change is good, right?

(I whited out the address for safety)
Wow! What a busy couple of weeks! I'm nervous to type this because I don't want to jinx anything but WE SOLD OUR HOUSE! Yay! That's what has been taking up all my time!! (I know some of you thought I was preggo-- geez!) We put it up on the market and 5 days later we had not one but two contracts on our home! It's a weird feeling selling your home. Sad, Happy, Excited, Emotional, but in the end we knew it was the right time to sell. RJ and I love real estate and watch har.com faithfully. Why? I don't know. It's just fun to us. We have bought and sold a few different properties in the last couple of years and our area right now is "hot". We couldn't pass up the opportunity. We put it on the market back in October of last year to just test the waters and then the holidays came and I decided to take it off. Something about random people in my house during Christmas time didn't appeal to me.

Sometime in February, I received 4 different calls in about a two week period from different realtors that had gone back through "withdrawn" listings to ask if I would be willing to sell my house. I was in shock! There were no homes on the market in our area and they were desperate to find something for their clients. That's when RJ and I decided it was time. We feel so blessed to *hopefully* have this stress behind us. In today's market it can be hard to sell your home so we knew we had to jump on it!

Now on to more exciting news! WE BOUGHT A NEW HOUSE! It's still along Memorial just 2 exits closer in to town. Yay! It's a much bigger home so we have plenty of room to grow and the best part is I get to remodel it just like I want (again!). We are still in Spring Branch ISD just Frostwood Elementary now. Speaking of Frostwood, I can't wait for them to start/finish building the new 2 story school. It's going to be so nice :)

All of the negoitating took place the one week RJ was out of the country on business so I had to handle everything on my own with a toddler. Not fun and completely stressful but it's all going to be worth it. We close on both homes in April (one early, one late) and then start the remodeling. The good news is I get to lease back my house until my new house is ready. Thank God. Please continue to pray these two transations go through smoothly-- It's been an exhausting month.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad that it went through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! That is amazing news. Great that y'all jumped on the chance to sell your house. You are obviously very real estate savvy. We love HAR too!

    My in-laws have lived across the street from Frostwood Elementary for almost 30 years. It's such a wonderful neighborhood. Have fun with your new project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! Congrats...i love my house in SBISD.

    ReplyDelete