I just found this in my "draft" folder from MONTHS ago. I guess I forgot to publish it. Makes me laugh now reading it-- I had no idea God has a sense of humor and was about to give me the shock on my life... literally. Baby #3!
.......
A friend of mine wrote about "confessions" on her blog a couple of months ago and I thought it was genius (thanks Jean!). So many times Facebook, blogs, Intragram portray everyone's life as perfect. Their kids are angels, their husbands perfect, their houses never looks like a war zone, etc. Well, so happy for them (tell me their secret!). My life, on the other hand, is far from perfect and I'm totally ok with that. Really. Do I like my house nice and organized? Absolutely. To the point if the house is a mess, so am I. Are my kids angels? They can be when I bribe them! Ha! No really, they are good kids 90% of the time. Is my husband perfect? No, we argue over who's taking out the trash and why he never picks up after himself. Ever. But that's life right?!?
Pre-kids I would hear friends tell me that they always eat lunch by 11 and dinner by 5-5:30ish. I remember thinking man that's so early! How can they be hungry at that time? And then I had my own kids and totally got it.
Pre-kids I would see kids screaming and having a meltdown while the parents jumped thru hoops to satisfy them, even bribing them with ice cream if they were quiet. I remember thinking-- take your kid outside already! And then I had my own kids and totally got it.
Pre-kids I would always wonder why parents were so boring and usually the first to leave an event or party. And then I had my own kids and totally got it.
Pre-kids I would always say that I would never let a tv entertain my kids. And then I had my own kids and totally got it.
Pre-kids I always thought that when I finally had kids they would behave in and out of public like good little kids. Then I had my own and totally got it.
This week alone Campbell has bitten Connor (at a play date!!) because he took her toy. Had to be placed in timeout at SOMEONE else's house (horror!). Connor has decided to adopt the most annoying, hair raising pterodactyl scream you have ever heard and continue to use it as often as he can (Save me!). Campbell has told me " Mommy, I need some space! I just need a little time to myself away" (you and me both, sister!!). Connor has eaten dog food off of the floor (mother of the year!). Campbell has had a meltdown more than once over "resting in her room" for nap (ugh!!). Connor has thrown his food on the clean floor ever.single.meal. (Patience with toddlers!!) And all of this while the hubby is in Israel on work (and if any creepo is reading this and thinking umm? Let me assure you I'm mighty handy with a shotgun and not afraid to use it!!)
Would I change any of it? Sure. Parts. The part where I was up with Connor from 2-4am the last two nights for no good reason. Other than that, no. Our life feels like a circus. Always coming and going somewhere, playdate after playdate, kids running through the house dumping out buckets of toys for me to pick up later, same old bed/bath routine and I love it. Are my kids loud? Yes! But they are happy kids and it's my job to have patience and teach them over and over the difference between right and wrong. Some days are rougher than others and makes me want to start drinking by 10am but then one of them will come sit in my lap and give me a hug/sugars or come up an tell me "thank you for being my mommy" and it just melts my heart. They are a work in progress and I'm their teacher. My only regret will be that I'm not soaking in every little second as much as I should with them because we never know what God has planned for us. I'm working on that. I need to remember its ok to have a dirty house and a 100 toys to step over because that's the stage of life we are blessed to me in right now. 😊 We are not picture perfect but we are Moses perfect!
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

love it!! you're a great mama!!
ReplyDelete