Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Monday, January 13, 2014

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Okay, I'm venting today. I deserve to. Ha! I feel like I'm in some never ending Groundhog movie where everyday is the same.  I have been horribly sick with morning sickness since the first week of November.  We are talking throwing up about 10 times a day and nauseous with absolutely no energy the rest of the day. I''ve lost weight and am at least 5 pounds below my pre pregnancy weight. Smells kill me and apparently an animal crawled in my bathroom wall and died. We can't find him anywhere and the exterminator said we have to just let it run it's course. That would okay if the smell didn't throw this pregnant girl over the edge every time she walks into her bathroom. Of course, RJ says he can't really smell it and doesn't bother him.   Of course.
Two weeks ago (when school was starting back) I came down the flu, upper respiratory infection and sinus infection.  It all started in Vail. I got a horrible sore throat and cough and started having problems breathing. I called Dr Irwin and he said to go to the ER in Vail.  Well, a blizzard was coming in that night and had we gone to the ER like he said we would have missed our flight and who knows when we would have gotten home. So, I toughed it out. Traveled the 8 hours home and  we caught the flight back to Houston. I must have caught something at the airport or plane because that's when everything went from bad to worse.  Mind you, I'm still throwing up and having to use my painful sore throat TO throw up! The rest is history. Connor came down with the Flu with me, RJ went back to work, Joan (my mother-in-law) came over to help but she's having surgery herself and can't afford to get sick. It's been a nightmare. Campbell now has the flu and poor baby has it the worst of all! Her fever has been over 104 for days now. I took her back in today and they said it's got to ride its course.  Nothing like taking care of a sick baby when you have the chills and are sick too. At one point this weekend around 2:45am,  I put Campbell in the bath to get her fever down, had to rock Connor back to sleep, threw up in the kids bathroom and proceeded to just sleep on the cold tile until Camobell started crying again because she didn't feel good. RJ of course was asleep because he's the only one that hasn't caught it yet so he couldn't help. He really has been such a big help before the flu. He was off for 17 days and did everything-- bed time, bath, dinner, nap everything solo.  Sorry to complain and yes it can always be worse but let's keep it real people. Everyone has bad days and this is mine.  Believe me, I can't wait to have a healthy family again. We really do take our health for granted. I will be jumping for joy soon when we are all well! Until then, pray for us. You can't call or text me because I ended my weekend by dropping my cell phone in the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment