Sunday, June 28, 2009
House
Okay, I have to vent! I am so tired of my house right now. Everything is exactly the same as the day the flood came in (April 28th--2 months ago!!). It's horrible. We are walking around on nasty, dirty concrete floors because we had to pull up all the carpet and wood flooring throughout the whole house (except our bedroom). There are tact strips outlining every room which makes it really fun in the dark to try and avoid and not step on. I have never sneezed so much in my life as when I am in the house. I know I must be allergic to something exposed (maybe the 50 year old insulation hanging out from the walls??). It's so depressing and I swear it is not good for my health (or the baby) but R.J. said it's all in my head and we can't do anything about it until we finialize things with the insurance company. UGH! I'm about to pull my hair out! If you talk to R.J. he would say our house is "not that bad" because he could live in a smelly barn and it would be totally okay. He never really cared if the house was nice and clean. Me, on the other hand, strongly believes everything has a place and a house should be kept clean and tidy. Everything I own is boxed up in one of the bedrooms piled as high as the ceiling. All of my furniture is thrown to one side of the house and piled on top of each other. I don't know were anything is. We finally moved our dishwasher back to it's correct place so that we could stop hand washing the dishes outside with the water hose like they did back in the 1800's! I haven't cooked a homecooked meal in over 2 months and am so tired of eating out. We don't even have a kitchen table to sit down at and eat. We are eating at the bar. I am so ready for a change. Since I quit my job it has been even worse because I spend most of the day at the house. In R.J.'s defense, he is never home long enough to actually let the crappy house sink in and get under his skin. He leaves by 5:30a.m. and doesn't get home until 6:30 or 7p.m. every night. I'm trying to hang in there and not complain too much to him but my patiences is running super duper thin. Does anyone know of a cute house we can buy and move immediately?? I would post some pictures of our house right now but I am too embarrassed to let anyone see what I am living in. Take my word for it-- it's horrible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, post some pics...I need to see this house!
ReplyDelete