Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Motherhood


Not every day smells like roses around here. While yes, 99.9999% of the time Campbell is happy and motherhood is wonderful, there is always those "trying" days. Today was one of them... I woke up to get Miss C out of her bed and could smell something was wrong! I walked in her room to see her crying-- very unusual for her. I picked her up and went to change her diaper like I do every morning. I laid her on the changing table, took her pj pants off (which might I add were BRAND NEW) and immediately found the culbrit. She had poop coming out of her diaper and all the way up to her hair! ugh! I thought, okay, I can handle this. It's just poop. Just then I starting cleaning and it was just too much I began stripping her down to get in the bathtub. I thought, again, okay Ashley, you are an adult, this is no big deal, just deal with it. Just then (in one shift move) Campbell sticks her foot into her dirty diaper and then grabs her foot with her hands-- NOW it's on her hands, feet, clothes, blanket, changing table, and in her hair! Great. Super. This is a great way to start the morning. I couldn't get all the crap off so I picked her up and held her as far away from me as I could (until I could clean her up or at least swipe her hands). As I was transporting her to the tub you could see the fear in her eyes because she didn't understand why I wasn't holding her. It broke my heart so I held her close to me and comforted her (yes, now my clothes are covered in poop!). She was crying so hard she won't let go and wasn't about to get in the bathtub by herself so I sat her down on the carpet for 2 seconds to take off my clothes (by now her behind is clean- it's just everything else that's dirty). I remembering thinking in my head as I'm changing, the only thing worse is if she potties on the carpet. Yep, you guessed it. I picked her up (literally 2 seconds later) and she had pottied on the carpet. I said "screw it" and ran for the bathtub. By now C is laughing and smiling... what a sense of humor! We get all cleaned up, sanitized (I love my frontloaders by the way!), carpets cleaned and head for breakfast. I was trying to hurry up and meet Laura so I went ahead and put our cute outfits on for the day. Bad idea. Campbell decided she didn't want her oatmeal and starts playing with it and blowing raspberries while she's eating. Peaches go everywhere and cover my new shirt. I leave and finishing feeding Cam. I took this picture after I cleaned her face... btw, she hates to have her face cleaned. By this time I'm ready to go to bed and start all over again. We finally got out of the house and to the Galleria when I got to tell Laura what her goddaughter had done... yay for mommyhood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment