Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Baby Boy Update--37 Weeks

I went to see Dr. Irwin yesterday and my heart about stopped! Amy, the nurse, couldn't find his heartbeat immediately like she normally does. You know the worried look and I saw it on her face. She kept moving the wand and then finally said she would check the other side. Why do I freak out so?!?! I knew I had felt him move earlier that day but I thought he was alseep during the appointment. After playing around with the wand some more she finally found his litte heart beat on the left side (never once been over there!). Whew! Then Dr. Irwin came in and measured me and felt the baby through my stomach. Again, I saw this weird look on his face. What is going on?!?! He then did the exam and stopped and said with a big smile that "Baby Boy has turned around!!" He's no longer breach! I'm in shock because I'm 37 weeks and I thought it was uncommon for babies to change this late in the game. Either way, I'm still scheduled for a c-section so nothing really changes.
You might ask if I felt him turn and the answer is yes! (I think) One late night last week he was killing me. It was around 2am and I woke RJ up (of course.. ha ha) and said something was going on. He's very active and kicking all over the place. I "thought" he finally just changed from laying on his right side to his left side (it was really weird like a big ripple over my stomach and very uncomfortable.. by this time I had the lights on and had gotten up to walk around). I never thought he turned head down though. Crazy!
Well, I was talking to my mom and she said I did the same thing. I was breach the whole pregnancy and then turned around head down at 37 weeks. Unfortanely, I turned back frank breach and she had to have a c-section. I'm hoping I'm thinking about it too much but last night felt very similar to the pain I felt when he turned around last week. Surely he didn't turn back breach but at this point I have no idea. He's alot stronger than Campbell and feels longer in length.
I can't believe 2 weeks from now I will be holding him in my arms! I. can't. wait!
RJ and I where laying in bed the other night talking about him and guessing his weight, length, hair color, who he will look like, etc.... Here's our guesses ;)
Me-- 7 lbs, 10 oz, 19 1/2 in, brown hair (no much hair like Campbell), blue eyes, and looks like me (!!) since Campbell is spitting image of RJ.
RJ-- 7 lbs, 14 oz, 19 1/2 in, blonde hair (lots), blue eyes, and looks like him (ha ha... again)

No comments:

Post a Comment