Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Baby Update

Campbell and I went to see Dr. Irwin yesterday and got our baby (brother) update. By the way, not so much fun taking a 20 month old to the OB with you. He did an exam on me to see if I was dilated (on going joke... Dr. Irwin said he doesn't think I will EVER reach dilation!). The whole time Campbell was screaming "Momma... Momma... Momma". She thought he was hurting me. Sweet, but stressful. I immediately had the nurse bribe her with chips (yes, you read right!) because that's the only thing I had in the car from our picnic earlier and I was worried I would need "something" to keep her quiet in the doctors office. I was right. Mother of the Year Award, huh?

Anyway, baby is doing great. Still breach (no big deal since it's a second c-section). Estimated to weigh around 7 1/2 -8 pounds!!! Cam was only 6 pounds 15 ounces and was 40 weeks when delivered. He's head is launched in my ribs and his feet are stretched out kicking my bladder ALL THE TIME! I haven't slept a good night's sleep in about 2 weeks. So tired. My stomach is also soooo tight-- I mean, super tight! Feels like a basketball tight. I asked the doctor if this was normal (same thing with Campbell) and he said yes he's covering my whole belly and that's another reason I'm so uncomfortable. I definitely have the waddle perfected too!

Oh, another great piece of info from my doctor was that he would NOT be delivering my second baby in 2 weeks. I was like... "WHAT!" He's obviously putting our health first but makes he very nervous. Dr. Irwin broke his arm rather bad (surgery, pins, plates, etc) back in July and still doesn't feel comfortable delivering. So, Dr. Cone will be delivering Baby Boy. We have seen him a couple of times and he's nice; he's just not "OUR" doctor but I know everything will be fine and God will put my fears to rest.

So, it's set in stone.... Baby Boy Moses will be delivered via c-section October 11, 2011 at 8:30am at Texas Women's Hospital unless he decides to come early. Just typing that makes me anxious. I can't believe I'm about to have 2 kids.... 2 (!!!!) under 2. That's a whole other post!

No comments:

Post a Comment