Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Sunday, September 27, 2009

No More WebMD!


On Friday morning we had to make an emergency visit to Dr. Irwin's office. Thursday night/Friday morning I woke up around 3a.m.to go the restroom like I do many many many many times a night. This time, when I jumped out of bed I pulled something on my right side. I didn't know that I had pulled something at the time. All I knew was I couldn't walk and I was hunched over in serious pain. I somehow went back to sleep and thought the pain would be gone when I woke up Friday morning. Then I got out of bed-- oh my gosh! I, of course, got on WebMD immediately and started reading about what could be wrong (appendicitis). I completely upset myself because RJ and I had just read about it in our weekly pregnancy book and I just knew that it was my appendix. After the whole Florida heat stroke thing, I decided I better go see the doctor.
Dr. Irwin checked me out and said I had pulled a muscle on my right side and to take tyenol and use a heating pad. What a relief! I was freaked out that something might be wrong with the baby. I don't know why I do this to myself. I worry worry worry. Of course, I told Dr. Irwin "my diagnosis" and he just laughed. He told me, "Ashley-- I forbid you to get on WebMD again!" I had Dr. Irwin and RJ laughing up a storm at me. They can laugh at me all they want.. I'm just glad everything turned out okay and the baby is fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment