One of the reasons I started this blog was to some day burn it onto a cd and put it in Campbell's baby book. That way she can see what was going on in my world, my pregnancy with her, the 1st couple of years, etc... Don't get me wrong, I'm not substituting my blog for writing in her baby book, but let's face it-- in today's world everything deals with the internet and since I post something on here almost every other day I think she will find it very beneficial some day.
Dear Campbell,
Or shall I say "Cam" or "Cammy" or "Cam Cam"-- we have so many little nicknames for you already! I can't believe you are 1 month old. People said time would go by fast but I had no idea. You have been such a good baby. You love to eat (and can down a bottle in record time-- you must take after your Daddy on that one) and have started sleeping 5 1/2 hours this week. On a funny note, your Daddy had no idea babies could be so much work! ha ha.. (He really hasn't even seen the half of it either!) He doesn't understand why you won't sleep longer and why you can't change your own diapers... ha ha!
We are still working on the fussiness after your 8 and 11 o'clock bottles but hopefully that will be better since we started taking baths at night. Speaking of bath time, the first couple of days you hated it! Now, since you are in your "big girl" bath tub you seem to really enjoy it which makes it alot better for everyone.
In the last couple of weeks you have really started to change. You are more alert and are staying up more during the day. We have "tummy time" every day and also play "school". Everyone laughs when I say school but you know that former kindergarten teacher has to come out in me! "School" consists of laying on your back on the rainforest mat and watching the colorful lights and animals and listening to music. I also put up a mirror so you could see yourself and oh Cammy, you love to look at yourself (again, you take after your dad!LOL). Your great Aunt Barbara also sent you some books and cd's so we have been enjoying those also!
Right now you weigh 9 pounds 2 oz and I think are about 19 inches long. Your hair is getting darker (blondish brown) and your eyes are a beautiful dark shade of blue. I think you look alot like your Daddy but hopefully you have some of me in there somewhere :) You love your My Little Lamb bouncy seat and swing. You just stare at the mobile going round and round. You also are very strong! You have been trying to hold your head up since day one and lately have been really trying to build your leg muscles. You like to pull your pacificer out of your mouth and then cry for someone to put it back in.
A lot of people have come to see you lately. You are very loved! People that came to the hospital: Lane & Lucy (womb), Laura & Marcel, Ashley & Kelly, my FBA girls (Thao, Lauryn, Donna, Vickie, Julie, Diana), Krista Stephenson, Candy Thames, Jalene & Aunt Reba, and your cousins Gina and Diana. A lot of people stopped by once we got home also: Jenn & Madelyn (one of your BFF's), Leah & Clayton, Lindsay Pickering, Dayna, Caroline, Sarah and Kenna.
You have been such a wonderful blessing to our lives so far. Your dad and I just love to sit and stare at you :) You are absolutely perfect to us! One of the cutest things you do lately is smile in your sleep. It melts our heart! I'm going to try and write you a letter every month so you can look back one day and remember all your milestones :)
We love you!
Mommy
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment