Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Wonderful Family...


I always say when someone does something nice for you, it shouldn't go unnoticed. I want everyone to know I have the absolute best family ever!! They have been so helpful with the baby.  My mom cooks, cleans, does our laundry, and feeds and takes care of the baby for me.  It's wonderful.  Since RJ is back at work full-time, I don't want him to wake up for the nighttime feedings.  My mom (and dad) or my sister Amber rotate night duty so I can get some sleep.  Last night my sister did both the 12 and 3am feedings for me... do I have it great or what?? I actually got 7 hours of sleep in a row! That's unheard of, right? Aunt Ammy is so great with Campbell and I'm so lucky to have such a caring sister.

Most nights my mom stays with us.  There is something to say for mothers.  She is constantly doing something for me.  You think about it-- when you have your first date... who is there waiting up for you?? When you are planning your dream wedding-- who do you want to help you?? When you are sick-- who do you want to take care of you?? When you have a baby-- who do you want to be there to help you?? It's your mom. No one can take her place-- not your mother-in-law or even best friend.  A girl just wants her own mom.  Someone who knows you inside and out.  Who loves you unconditionally.  Someday Campbell will want me (hopefully).

My dad has been great also.  I mean, most dads don't help but mine does! He cleans our house, makes my bed, and helps feed the baby. Not to mention is constantly picking up after RJ (RJ should pick up his own stuff!). I feel so blessed. RJ and I don't know how good we have it.  It's going to be a rude awakening when they go back to Coleman.  A very sad day...

I can't wait to see how my brother Will interacts with Campbell.  He's in law school at Tech and hasn't been able to come down yet... dang the snow storm in Lubbock this past weekend. We've been sending him pictures though.

I am just so thankful and blessed to have such a caring and wonderful family! They have gone above and beyond!! I hope RJ truely understands and appreciates how much they have done for us-- there's no one quite like your family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment