Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Sunday, January 31, 2010

1st Doctor's Visit

1st outing as a family! Off to the Doctor.
Daddy, Campbell and Dr. Goldberg (my Pediatrican)
Campbell and Amy (my nurse)
Campbell and Dr. Irwin (Mommy's Dr.)

Both Campbell and I had "check-ups" yesterday.  Campbell did really well for her first outing.  She slept almost the whole time! Dr. Goldberg (her Pediatrican) was really impressed with Campbell's weight gain. When she was born she weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces.  When she left the hospital she weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces and at her 1st doctor's appointment yesterday she weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces!! He was so impressed that she had gained 9 ounces in one week with new parents.  Go us (or me)... LOL. She also got her first vaccine and blood drawn.  RJ went back with her to do the shots (they only let one parent back).  He told me to be glad I didn't get to go-- it was bad and she cried alot.  I hate when she cries. On a positive note, though, Dr. Goldberg suggested Campbell start tummy time already. Yeah! He said she's been trying to hold her head up since the first day and he was really impressed with her and said she was ready for tummy time.  Of course RJ thinks she gets that "overachiever-ness" from him-- figures!

My checkup went well also.  When people tell you the weight will start melting off after you have her, they are right.  Thank God!  Towards the end of my pregnancy I was starting to retain water. It took a couple of days but it was so refreshing to step on the scales at the doctor's office yesterday to find I had already lost 20 pounds in one week.  I actually got into my pre-pregnancy jeans last night for mine and RJ's date night :) Only a couple of pounds to go until the old Ashley is back (well somewhat back to normal!!).

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Glad all is going well! Campbell gaining weight and YOU LOSING weight... that is relieving to know, i hope i will be the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing!!! Way to go, Ash! You've got this mommy thing down pat already :) And wahoo for dropping that much weight SO fast!!!

    ReplyDelete