The nursery back when it was called the office.
My little desk in the office...
The office during the flood back in April.
What a mess! This was where we storaged everything during the flood.
Finally cleaned out and painted! I only painted it 3 different colors (and primed it twice) before I found the perfect color (thanks Mom!)
Her lonely closet and her 1st little outfit (given with love from Vickie)
My must have round baby crib! Love love love it! Thanks Mom and Dad!
My sweet sister helped me with the diamonds on the wall. I drew the diamonds and then taped them off and Amber painted them for me.
Changing table and rocking chair
This chair was my great, great, great aunt's rocking chair and I'm sure she got it from someone else in the family. I had it recovered to soft pink diponi silk. The lamp was in my kindergarten classroom at school and the side table was my Mimi's that my sister found when she was helping my grandmother clean out her storage unit. She had it repainted for me. I've got great family! I got a little "cord cover" happy at the end and started sewing covers for all my cords... oh lordy lordy!
I love this mirror. My parents found it at a garage sale for super creap! I decided to add the pink ribbon and WA LA!
This is the decorative work on both the end tables and changing table. Of course I couldn't make anything easy. I custom ordered this color.
I made this arrangement myself. My sister gave me the idea and then Lane, Amber and I went all over Houston getting the materials. Thanks Hobby Lobby, Ikea, Charming Charlies, and High Fashion.
Window treatment. I searched high and low for the perfect color silk. Who would have known it would have been this hard? I finally found them at The Great Indoors. Then I had to go find more "perfect" fabric to make the tie backs. I cut the fabric and made the bows myself.
This is another picture of the beautiful decorative work (this is on the back of changing table).
Chandelier, crib, diamond wall. This bed was such a headache to get in but well worth the wait!! I ordered it back in June. It finally arrived November 4th (I know this date because we were supposed to leave for Coleman early that morning and had to wait for it to be delivered first). Thank goodness we did too. As soon as it was delivered, I ripped everything open like it was Christmas morning-- I couldn't wait to see it! When I opened it (another custom order job-- why couldn't I just pick a color they made) it was the WRONG color! I had been waiting all this time and it was the wrong freakin' color (charcoal-- looked like death). I lost it of course (dumb I know but hey, going to blame it on the hormones). RJ was getting a haircut and ironcially so was my mom when I called them both balling hysterically-- HYSTERICALLY. The day proceeded to get worse because they couldn't calm me down and I ended up having anxiety attacks and having to see Dr. Irwin that day. GEEZ. Anyway, the delivery boys came back to pick it up the bed and then redelivered on the Friday of Thanksgiving (of course we weren't in town). This time the color was correct but when RJ went to put the bed together it was missing important bolts and crews. GEEZ again. I immediately got on the phone and had them FedEx the missing parts. They did and when they got here a couple of days later they had sent the wrong parts and I was still missing the correct parts. I was so mad. That's when Mama Janet had to get involved. Let's just say the owner drove the missing parts down herself the next day and WA LA- the bed got put together that same day.
I love this bedding. My mom and I picked all the fabric colors and designed the bedding. I love the layered ruffles down the bed skirt and the cute tie bows.
I told you I went a little cord cover happy! I also went crazy with the light and outlet covers-- aren't they cute? I ordered them off the internet with PayPal and then spray painted them. Literally within 5 minutes my cell was ringing and RJ was asking why the baby needed expensive light covers... oops! Dang PayPal emails!
Another picture of the chandelier. It has pearls and crystals hanging from the lights. I love the decorative thing on the ceiling too (I can't remember what it's called).
The bumper. It's crushed silk. A lady from Dallas made it for me.
Inside her crib. Don't worry-- I'm going to take out all the stuffed animals before she gets here.
Diaper Bag
Boppy curtesy of Lane and Pottery Barn Kids-- thanks Lane!
Moses Basket with love from Ash Rhodes... the pink bedding was mine from when I was a baby. My godmother Taryn gave it to me.
This is one of the MANY things Laura and the Quads gave our baby girl. I owe her big time... she's been my "go to person" during this pregnancy. I'm so glad we will be related one day!!! We've already started planning the wedding- we are just waiting to see which Meijer boy she fancies the most :
)
Her lonely closet isn't lonely anymore thanks to many sweet people!
A couple of her shoes-- yes, those are Uggs and pink cowboy boots! ha ha...
A few of her bows.... there are many many more to come!
I'm pretty much finished with her room. I'm just waiting on her name letters to get here in early January and once they are hung I'm completely finished Yeah! And with that said, "that's all she wrote folks!" Sorry for the long post but it's been a long and fun journey of putting her nursery together. Thanks for everyone putting up with me! :)





























Congrats and what a feeling to have it done!! I'm sure that is a relief. I'm loving the round crib, I've never seen that before. I think I'm going to use up every last minute getting Madelyn's finished but we've been making progress so that's good!
ReplyDeleteAshley - that is the MOST GORGEOUS nursery! I am in awe of all the detail you've put in! You guys have a name yet? Best of luck these last few weeks! I'm praying for you!
ReplyDeleteIt looks sooooo good! You know I love it already, but just wanted to leave a comment too. You did such a good job.
ReplyDelete