Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Saturday, January 16, 2010

4 DAYS UNTIL CAMPBELL ARRIVES!!! (or sooner)

Well, we've made it to 39 WEEKS! Can you believe it?? She could come anyday.  At last weeks doctor appointment, he said I was still 50% effaced and not dilated at all.... well, in his exact words, "Ashley, your cervix is hard as a rock!" followed by a big laugh from him and RJ.  I love Dr. Irwin.  He is a great 'fit' for RJ and me.  He is funny and comforting, but yet serious when he needs to be and truly cares about us. We actually had to see another doctor in his place this week because Dr. Irwin had to have prostate surgery.  He's out of commission until Monday, Jan. 25th.  It's been really hard on me because you get attached to your doctor and at the last minute you don't want to switch to another doctor.  Dr. Irwin is so wonderful that he has promised to come in and delivery Campbell even on his "surgery leave".  We will see.  I would love for that to happen but at the same time I want to be considerate of his needs.  The nurses said he's "foaming at the mouth" to get back to work and is doing great.  I took him a care package before his surgery last week and he seemed to really like it-- all UT (I mean T.U.) edible goodies. I told him to not expect anymore orange gifts from me... ha ha...
Now, back to the baby.  We are scheduled for a c-section on Wednesday, January 20th at 9a.m. unless she decides to make her debut sooner.  I have been having cramping alot more the last couple of days.   My blood pressure is also elevated so we are watching it.  I'm so nervous.  Of course I'm ready to meet her but at the same time I'M NOT READY!  I feel like every pregnant person I know who is 37, 38, 39 weeks is misreable.  Is there something wrong with me if I'm not misreable?? I mean, we know I'm not normal (LOL) but should I be misreable? Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to have feeling back in my hands and I would love to lose the extra 400 pounds in my right ankle (!!) but the last 3 months have not been bad since I got over the morning sickness.
I mean, I can't wait to meet her and hold her but I'm also really scared about delivery. If you know me, you know I'm a very cautious person (RJ hates this!).  I'm never broken a bone, I'm never had a stitch, I have never had a wisdom tooth out, I'm never had surgery, heck, I even get laughing gas (yes, laughing gas) when I have a cavity! It other words-- I'm screwed!
I'm also a worrier. I have no clue what to do when she gets here.  I mean, what if those motherly instincts don't kick in? Thank goodness my mom is going to be here. I just ask for your prayers for the next couple of days/weeks.  It's hard for me to just "go with the flow" and not be in charge of every situation.  I have to remember God is in charge.  I just pray that everything goes smoothly with delivery and Campbell arrives healthy.  I need the courage to get through Wednesday.  Especially when it's all I can think about.  I just have to pray about it.  I'm so excited to meet her but terrified at the same time.  It's really here and as RJ said, "there's no turning back now!" Thanks Urge.  Please pray that he can comfort me also.  He's a very "it's no big deal-- nothing gets to him-- you will be fine" kind of person and right now I need someone that is going to comfort me and keep me focused on the happy things like getting to see our baby girl for the 1st time. I also pray that everyone gets along.  We are all very excited about her arrival and know that sometimes tension can run high.
Oh, I almost forgot... a couple of people have asked when they can come up to the hospital to see us (we would love that if you want!).  Friday is probably the best day :)
Okay, you can laugh here, but you know the teacher in me wants to 'recap' my prayer requests.... I'm trying to resist for your sake :)

Let the countdown begin.........

3 comments:

  1. You will get through it and just seriously focus on the moment you will see her and hold her for the first time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great Ash! We are all praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to be a GREAT mom, Ash! I have no doubts :)

    ReplyDelete