Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cankle's, Hands, what's next??!?



This might be TMI but I just had to share.  I got out of the bath tub a minute ago and walked into the living room when RJ starting yelling, "OH MY GOSH" and pointing and LAUGHING at my right ankle!  Not funny Urge.  It's really swollen as you can tell.  It's been swollen for a little over a month now.  Dr. Irwin said the Baby Girl is sitting on a vein on my right side that is limiting circulation to my right leg.  He's not alarmed (like I was!!).  The left leg isn't swollen, my hands aren't swollen, just my stupid right leg thanks to the way she has positioned herself.  Ugh.  I can't wait to get my old self back and get rid of this cankle! 

On another note, I'm about to cut both my arms off (especially my left!). I can't take it anymore! I have this "numbness" in my hands.  It feels like my hand is in a bucket of ice cold water all the freakin' time!!  I'm really serious, 24-7.  I'm having a hard time holding on to things because I can't feel the grasp. Of course I called the Dr immediately (by the way-- I definitely win the "Most Frantic Calls Made To The Dr During Your 1st Pregnancy Award") and the nurse said it's absolutely normal this late in the game but of course I brought it up to Dr. Irwin also.  He said it was carpal tunnel and recommended a brace.  That lasted until 3a.m. the first night and I threw it off.  It wasn't doing anything but being annoying.  It's definitely the worst at night.  I can't sleep at all.  I'm waking up about 6 or 7 times a night because my hands are tingling. It's stupid.  There's nothing really I can do either.  Has anyone else had this?? I'm desperate here!!! HELP! Between my stupid left hand hurting and my even stupider (yes, that is going to be a word today--I'm tired, remember?!) right cankle swelling-- I'm so ready for my old body back.  Where are you old body? I miss you. This new one is falling apart at the seams!

2 comments:

  1. I had it with Aidan, and I have it again now! The brace does nothing to help. It's miserable! I can't even write, so thank you notes look ridiculous! And I'm swelling a lot, too, at this point! At least it goes away...eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had carpel tunnel too - so painful! I could hardly hold a pen. Within 2 weeks of Franklin's birth it was gone. You're almost there!! Strange that your hands are cold, mine burned like they were on fire - I had started holding bags of frozen vegetables in my hands at night to get a little relief. Can't wait to see baby girl Moses!!

    ReplyDelete