Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Friday, December 11, 2009

34 Weeks and Hicups

Sorry I'm been a little slow posting the last couple of weeks.  My days have suddenly gotten a lot shorter thanks to the baby :)  I'm pretty much done for the day around 2 (just like the 1st trimester).  I don't know how to explain it, I feel like I am running around in circles and not accomplishing anything.  I'm exhausted all the time... LOL 

Now on to the little one.... she weighs 5 pounds right now and is about 18 inches long!!!! Can you believe that? She weighs as much a bag of sugar.  It blows my mind that I have a 5 pound baby that is about to drop out of me.  This last week I felt her "drop".  She's getting really low and pretty much taken over my bladder.  It feels like I go the bathroom about every 30 minutes.  When I went to the doctor last week he said she's already in the correct position (head down). Yeah!

Many of you have asked how I am sleeping these days. I have been sleeping pretty well up until this week. I've gotten used to sleeping on my side which was a challenge since I was a tummy sleeper before :)  This week has been a little bit different.  I am having back pain and have been waking RJ up to rub my back (he loves me right now, won't you??... ha ha).  This week especially (between bathroom breaks) I have been worrying about all the things on my "to do list".  Is this normal?? The nursery isn't finished completely and it seems like there is so much on the "list" that I can't get it all done especially with Christmas holidays coming up and us going out to the Moses' for a couple of days. I'm afraid I am going to be completely exhausted and stressed before she even gets here!!! RJ just doesn't understand.  People keep telling me that this is the time to relax and enjoy time with my family and RJ before she gets here but I can't do that because I still have too much to do.  I'm just hoping she waits until her due date to get here (I'm going to need all that time to get ready... ha ha).  So many of my friends have delivered around 36-37 weeks.  Hopefully that won't be us because that's only 2 weeks away, RJ's Big 30th birthday party and CHRISTMAS... yikes!

On a happy note, she is kicking and moving around like crazy.  My stomach feels like a popcorn machine :)  I think she's trying to turn around but obviously there is not enough room to do that anymore.  As Lane would say, "Her hotel stay at Mama's House of Love" is coming to an end and she's about to be evited soon... LOL"  In the meantime, I'm going to soak in the little moments while they are here.  She has had the hicups lately and it's too cute.  This is what I want to remember about my pregnancy :)

2 comments:

  1. You look great Ashley! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so neat on the hiccups!! :) Katelyn was a huge hiccup baby in my tummy. Madelyn, not so much. We are in serious count down mode now....

    ReplyDelete