Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Dr. Appointment Update

RJ and I went to see Dr. Irwin today for our 36 week check up and found out some interesting information about our little (or shall I say BIG) girl.  I'm actually not going to be 36 weeks until this Saturday but when the Dr. measured my tummy Baby Girl Moses was measuring 38 weeks! That's 2 1/2 weeks bigger than normal.  What?!?! I also asked Dr. Irwin how much she weighed right now and he said about 6 1/2 pounds.  What?!?! Are you kidding me? No wonder I feel like she is about to fall out! He recommended an ultrasound which we scheduled for Monday (RJ's 30th b-day) to get a better estimate on her size.  We haven't had an ultrasound since week 17 so I'm super excited to see her!!  We will know more on the 28th but right now the Dr. is concerned that the Baby Girl will be too large for me to deliver naturally.  I know what your are thinking-- why doesn't he induce me earlier? Well, he's really old fashion and doesn't like to induce.  Plus, he said if she's a big baby like he thinks she is, then I will be laboring for hours and getting nowhere only to end up with a C-Section. From the beginning he has wanted to deliver her naturally so I don't feel like he's money hungry or anything like that.  I really respect him as a Dr.  I guess we will just have to wait and see on the 28th.  I will tell everyone that RJ weighed 10 1/2 pounds when he was born!!! Seriously?? What was Joan on?? j/k... I only weighed 7 pounds.  I hope this baby isn't taking after RJ's side... I'm going to hurt him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment