Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

County Jail

What a day! No, neither RJ nor myself were arrested today but we did spend the day at the county courthouse. You see, RJ had some business downtown  and I decided to tag along. What an eye opening experience. I saw people of all kinds. For some reason, I kept "beeping" as I went through the security check point. I got patted down twice and still don't know why I kept setting it off. I couldn't take off my rings because my fingers were swollen but the lady didn't think it was that.  

Now on to the interesting part. So I decided to sit for a while and take a load off when all of the studden 3 armed guards and a really mean looking tatooed guy in an orange jump suit (big black letters that read COUNTY JAIL on his back) and handcuffs passed within one foot of me. I about jumped out of my skin!!! I was talking to Ashley Rhodes on the phone at the time. I was scared to death and there was no place for me to hide. When he finally passed, I called RJ to come sit with me and told him about the "colorful" person I had just saw. Just about that time, 5 new Harris County orange jumpsuit prison mates walked in chained together and surrounded by guards started walking towards us. It was straight out of a scene of Shaw Shank Redemption!! I ran! Literally!! I left RJ in the dust.. Lol (sorry RJ- but every woman/man for themself!!) the good news about all of this is none of the inmates were murderers or anything (or so says the security guards). We
were in the family court building and all the inmates were there for not paying child support.

As usual and right on the dot, the baby girl and I got hungry at 11 so RJ and I walked down to this mall downtown (I didn't even know there was an indoor mall downtown called The Park) and ate Chick-Fil-A. So yummy!! On our 10 block hike back to the courthouse we noticed all these police cars SURROUNDING my car!! It was such a crazy day full of 1st!! We still don't know what was going on but there was a guy being arrested and put in the backseat of a police car.

As we speak, I'm sitting here at the courthouse just waiting for the next crazy thing to happen. What a wild day!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment