Last Thursday Lane and I decided we wanted to bake cookies for all our friends and then surprise deliver them (I was craving cookies!!). Well, let's just say the thought was there :) We went and bought all of the ingredients, icing, sprinkles, cookie cutters, gift boxes...etc. We met Jenn and Katelyn over at Lane's house around 10 and baked sugar and gingerbread cookies until almost 5. We made sooooooooo many cookies and took our sweet time decorating each and everyone perfectly. They all looked really cute.
Lane's mother-in-law is the "Martha Stewart Sugar Cookie Icing Queen" and told Lane we need to put them in the oven (not turned on-- just storing purposes) for 24 hours to let the icing set. Welllllllllll, let's just say that might not have been the best idea on our part. The next day I got this text from Lane concerning our cookie adventure. LOL. Jonathan had come home and turned the oven on and burned all the cookies to a crisp!! So sorry girls... we really had good intentions, we promise!
p.s. I'm still trying to recover from how tired I felt after we baked all of those dozen cookies- I was pooped!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Awww man, they were so damn good too. Sorry my husband had a fart in his brain the day he decided to fry the poor cookies. Here is the remainder of the cookies....piled up in the sink. Oh man, it wont let me paste the picture...anyways, it's a sad picture, maybe it's best it wont post.
ReplyDelete