Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Saturday, September 25, 2010

8 Month Letter

Sweet Campbell,
Another month gone. I can't believe it. You turned 8 months old this week. Funny, but it sounds so old! You are army crawling all over the place. You can get in the "sitting up" position all by yourself and then back down again to crawling. It's so cute to see. You also hold your own bottle. We knew you could hold your little bottles by yourself but we had no idea you could hold your big bottles too. I found this out one day when we were shopping and I propped your bottle up. Apparently, the bottle feel and you decided you would "fix" it. :) Surprisingly, you just grabbed your bottle and turned it up! I was amazed. I couldn't wait for your Daddy to see it.

We also had to lower your crib mattress. I thought only "big kids" had lowered beds. I can't lie, I was really torn up about it. RJ didn't know why I was so upset. I'm over it now. We had to lower the bed because you would be sitting up in your crib when I would go in the morning. You are rolling all over the place. I put you down and before I know it you are across the room. I have to watch you like a hawk.

I love how independent you are. You want to hold your own bottle, take your pacifier out of your mouth and then put it back in your mouth, hold as many toys in your hand at once, etc. Also, I love how you lock your tiny little chumby legs around me when I hold you on my hip. You don't just sit there,you lock on... ha ha.. You also are sometimes shy. It's so cute. When you meet people you don't know or sometimes when you are flirting with your daddy, you give them a big grin and hide your little head in my shoulder and grab my shirt. It's like you're saying "Mommy protect me".

You are eating a lot these days. You're eating green beans, squash, sweet potatoes (your fav), apples, bananas, pears, yogurt, and rice cereal. You love to eat in your big girl high chair. You are precious when you are being fed. You open your little mouth before I get the food there like a little bird :) You also drink about (4) 6 oz bottles a day.

You also said your first words (kind of) in your 7th month (August 24th). I know it's early and no you haven't said it again but you said one time and it counts :) Of course, your first word was Mama and then 10 minutes later you said Dada. You haven't said Mama again but you have said Dada a couple of more times. Now, do I think you know what you were saying? No. Or can you repeat it if I ask you to say it again? No. But you said it clear as day and your daddy and I both heard it and froze so of course it counts. :)

You LOVE your blanket. You play pick-a-boo all the time with it. It's so cute. You have to have your blanket when you go to sleep. You get up around 8-8:30am, then go back down for a nap from 10-11:15, then you play and eat lunch, go back down for a nap around 1:15-3pm and then you get back up and play and eat. Then you put yourself to sleep around 7pm.

Today was a first for you. You went to the nursery during church today. You were the only child in there and the sweet ladies said you did great. Again, it was during your nap time. I'm really going to need to do something about this. When your daddy and I both walked away from the nursery I think there was tears in both our eyes! We kept saying, "Can you believe it?" You didn't even cry. You were too busy smiling and laughing with the ladies. I will say I think you were happy to see me when I came back. I even left church early to get you- I couldn't stand it.

You have 2 bottom teeth!!! One came in at the end of 6 months and the 2nd at the beginning of 7 months.

You are absolutely the most precious and sweetest little baby girl we have ever seen! We love you so much Campbell!

Hugs and Kisses,
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

  1. You are growing up so fast sweet Campbell! Katelyn & Madelyn miss you! We must go swinging at the park soon.

    ReplyDelete