Campbell,
Another month gone. Time seems to pass so fast now that you are around. I really don't remember life before you. I mean, it's crazy how much you have changed our lives in a positive way in such a short time. Everything is better now that you are here! Your daddy and I feel so unbelievably blessed.
Sleeping wise this month was a toughy. You were waking up around 3am every night (sometimes twice a night). I felt like a walking zombie. How did I ever do it those first couple of months? Of yea, my parents and sister were here to help! You have been cutting teeth (your 1 year molars) and I also think you were having some seperation anxiety. I would go into your room and comfort you (sometimes giving you a bottle even though the pediatrican said not to). You just wanted me to hold you and rock you and then everything was okay.
You have become so bashful lately (it started back a couple of months ago). You love to bury your head in my chest when someone starts talking to you that you don't know. It's adorable. You just smile really big and wrap your little fingers around my arm like you are telling me to protect you. I love it.
You still don't have any hair but oh well. I keep putting headband and bows on you so no one mistakes you for a boy.. ha ha You are so petite. No one ever guesses your age right. I haven't met one stranger that hasn't thought you were about 5 months (sigh). When I tell them you are 11 months about to be 1 year they can't believe it! Sorry girl. You got my genes.
We have been trying more and more finger foods thanks to Jen. Your daddy laughs because I go over to Jen's for "lessons". She shows me the ropes since I'm so worried I will mess something up for you. I can really tell you love being independent and getting to pick up your own food. You are starting to eat less and less baby food and are down to only (3) 6 oz bottles a day-- 8am, 2pm, 7pm. You love avocados, bread, peas, chicken, and your puffs to name a few.
You aren't walking yet but it's coming any day now!! You stand by yourself for about 3 or 5 seconds and then fall. You are constantly pulling yourself up on everything and trying to push all your toys across the room (walker and strollers). You are really fast at crawling too.
You know the word "no" and "careful". You usually stop what you are doing and look up at me with your beautiful big blue eyes. I can already tell you are a *bit* stubborn-- wonder who you got that from?? You are really talking up a storm these days. When your daddy walks in the room you say dada. He's eating it up! You also said mama the day before Christmas Eve-- a very proud moment for me! :)
Sitting down to write your letters has really gotten hard. You go go go all day that the evening time is the only time to get things done (and do a little r&r). I have really been trying to stay on top of your letters, this blog and your baby book. Hopefully someday it will all pay off.
Happy 11 Months Campbell! We love you so much my heart hurts sometimes :)
Love,
Mommy & Daddy
17.4 oz
27 inches
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment