Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Deep Thoughts...

This Christmas season is bittersweet. Sweet? Because it's Campbell's very 1st Christmas and I feel so unbelievably blessed to have this sweet, healthy, happy buddle of JOY!!! I love her SO much. Sad? Because I know some special people I love will be celebrating their 1st Christmas without their 'Joy' or struggling through hard times.

As many of you know, my grandfather and close family friend both passed away suddenly this year. As much as my mom and her best friend put on a brave face in front of others, I know they are hurting. We all miss them so much. Losing loved ones is hard, whether it's your 80 year old father or 24 year old son. The holidays just don't seem as joyous without them. It's just a part of life. BUT, what I choice to focus on is where they are now! Sitting and talking with Jesus! Hearing all the wonderful stories first hand! Meeting up with other loved ones and feeling no pain. Glorious, happy days for them and THIS makes my heart smile. that's what I want to think about!!

My BFF and sweetest friend I know, Ashley Rhodes is also facing an uphill battle. Her dad, Charles, was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig disease this summer (right after Ash got engaged by Mr. Perfect aka Kelly). If you know anything about ALS you know how horrible of a disease it is! Ash and her adorable sisters are taking care of their dad but I know it's taking a toll on all of them. Please pray for a miracle for Charles!

I found out recently that 2 friends (young friends) I went through teaching with are battling cancer. I ask you to remember my friend Tomika Gamble and her 4 year old son, Isaiah, in your prayers. Isaiah has diagnosed with a rare cancer this January (around Campbell's birthday). Tomika was 3 months pregnant at the time with their 2nd child. 4 years old seems so young to be dealing with such a horrific disease. It breaks my heart. I won't go into all the details but you can follow Isaiah on Layla Grace foundation page. He's an absolute precious little boy! http://laylagrace.org/empowerment/preparing-for-chemo—round-1/

My other teaching friend, Sarah Chidgey, is only 29 years old and also has a rare Stage 4 cancer. Her blog is http://sarahchidgey.blogspot.com/. Sarah is one of the sweetest, funniest, most caring people I knew in class. Never met a stranger. Please pray for healing for both Isaiah and Sarah.

The prayer list is endless it seems like these days. Last week I went to St. Luke's because one of my cousins' husband, Phillip, had a heartache and needed triple bypass heart surgery. He's doing much better now but St. Luke's is such a sad place especially at Christmas. Another cousin's husband, David (same family) has been battling kidney cancer for two years now and is exhausted and so tired of the fight. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/DavidVeasey/journal

Finding out about their struggles with cancer and diseases has really made me drop to my knees and thank God for my healthy baby girl and family. I can't tell you how many times I have broken down and cried lately missing my loved ones and seeing the struggles my friends are going through. It just hits me and before I know it I'm balling my eyes out in the aisle at the grocery store because something triggered me. I know this is something that so many people I don't know are going through every day-- sickness, death, suffering. It makes me want to help others more, hold Campbell tighter, and not complain about the little things in life. It really puts everything into perspective. You really never know when something like this will happen and turn your world upside down. You just have to have faith in Jesus Christ and cherish every moment you are given with your loved ones.

I leave you with this...

1 Chronicles 29:11 "Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all."

No comments:

Post a Comment