Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Saturday, August 8, 2009

I love these ladies!


Left to Right-- Vickie, Donna, me and Thao


I went to Taste of Texas last night with the girls from work-- Vickie, Donna and Thao. It was so much fun. I haven't seen these girls in awhile thanks to morning sickness with Baby Moses. Anyway, we got to celebrate Donna's and my birthday. Thanks for the meal and the awesome birthday gifts!! It was so sweet of you all but then again these might be the 3 most genuine and best christian ladies I've ever known (besides my mom :). They are all special in their own way. God brought us into each other's lives for a reason-- I mean, we are all at different stages in our lives not to mention different ages (20's, 30's, 40's, and 50's) but we fit together like peas in a pod! Vickie was my Principal at First Baptist Academy. She's the most giving person and is always sending you little notes or gifts to make sure you know how special you are to her! She's great and never gives herself enough credit for being so strong and thoughtful!
Donna, Thao and I taught kindergarten together. Donna is like my second mom. She's the most amazing cook and really follows God's golden rule of ALWAYS putting others before herself. She's constantly baking food to take to a sick church member, someone who just had a baby or death in the family, or volunteering to add something else to "her list" when she really doesn't have time! And then there's Thao-- Thao, Thao, Thao. She cracks me up! She tells it exactly like it is. I love it! Our classrooms shared a bathroom together and it was so much fun! :) She's one of my best friends and has the biggest heart of anyone I know. She's fun and trendy, truely cares about her friends and would do anything for them, and is an amazing mom. I love her to death!

I'm really going to miss seeing these ladies everyday at FBA. They made work so much fun! I hope I have made the right decision to stay home with the baby. It's too late now as R.J. would say. I know it will be a different story once the little one gets here. I'm going to appreciate the opportunity of getting to stay home. I know not everyone gets this choice and I really do feel blessed that I'm able to stay home. Just remember, it's not always greener on the other side.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley, what a sweet thing to write on your blog! You are an amazing person too and I am so thankful that God placed you at FBA and we became such great friends. I will miss you soooo..... much this year, but I know that we will continue to find times and ways to get together with Donna and Thao for some great "friend time" !!! Take care of yourself and little Baby Moses!

    ReplyDelete