Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Sunday, October 18, 2009

What to do?? What to do??

I'm stressed over the flu/swine flu vaccinations!! I just don't know what to do :( The news media has completely scared me to death! I know they say pregnant women should get both the flu and swine flu vaccine but something scares me about doing it. I've been researching a lot lately and I don't like the idea of taking a vaccine that contains mercury. I mean, if they are scared for you to eat sushi or seafood because of the mercury then why push these mercury filled vaccines?? I know pregnant women and children have died from the flu/swine flu but I would like to know the pre-health conditions of these patients. Also, I'm worried about these vaccines causing long term side effects. The media can really scare people to death! On the other hand, I would do anything to keep this little baby girl safe. Maybe I'm just reading into this too much and should get both vaccines. I've asked my doctor and at first he said, "No, don't get the swine flu vaccine, we don't know enough about it." When I went in on Friday he now says that I should get both. I'm just really torn. Is this all just a money gimick by the pharmacutical companies by scaring the general public or is this really something that everyone needs? They are saying there is a shortage for both vaccines right now. My doctor didn't even have the vaccines to give to his patients. I really love my doctor and respect him. Something in the back of my head keeps me from going thru with getting the vaccines. I don't think I could forgive myself if they find out something bad is in one of the vaccines that causes autism and I did this to my baby because "everyone else was doing it". But I don't want to take the chance either of getting the flu or swine flu and causing deathly harm to our baby or myself. I've talked to many people who opinions I respect and they all say different things. My mom's generation didn't have these vaccines to take and I'm okay (for the most part). Have viruses changed that much? All I do know is I have been contiplating and stressing over this for months now and that couldn't be good either for the baby!! I guess for now I'm just going to continue to load up on extra vitamin C and D3 to help build my immune system and hope that God tells me soon what He wants me to do for my sweet baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment