


I can't say it enough! I love love love the Fall! I love the cooler temperatures, I love the excitement from other Houstonian's that the hot and humid Houston summer is coming to an end, I love the changing of the leaves (I wish Houston's leaves would change), I love decorating my house and yard, and I love the smell of pumpkin and spice candles! I hope someday RJ and I can take a roadtrip around October and drive up North and see the beautiful leaves changing. I guess when the baby (still NO NAME!!) gets here we won't have much time for that but hopefully someday. The one and only time we have ever seen firsthand the different colors of Fall is when we went for Drew and Kate's (RJ's cousin) wedding in Indianapolis a couple of years back. It was beautiful and the air was so crisp. We loved it!!
It reminds me of when RJ and I first got married and moved to Houston and it rained almost everyday that June, July and August. I had only been to Houston a couple of times in my life and the rainy days made me feel really homesick from being 6 hours from my family. Not to mention RJ was traveling offshore alot and we lwere crammed into a small little apartment (pre-Addison). I still remember the date for some crazy reason, but one October 6th, we woke up early and it was absolutely beautiful (and cool!) outside. We went for a walk and to a cute little coffee shop on Westheimer and sat outside and talked and just enjoyed the day. I think we even went to the Greek festival that weekend. I do remember that it was one of the first "fall days" in Houston that year. RJ and I both remember it and cherish it. The meterologist is reporting cooler temperatures for this weekend... maybe we will have a repeat??!?! :)

Lane loves the fall too! :o)
ReplyDeleteOh, and could you please just NAME THAT BABY ALREADY!!! I think Leah is a great choice!