Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Monday, May 24, 2010

4 Month Letter

Cammy,
WOW! What a busy month! There's never a dull moment around here.  Where do I start? Daddy left to go oversees for the first of many trips this month.  He went to Madrid, Spain and brought you and I back so many cute dresses.  It was precious! He put so much thought in it and said he didn't just go to one store-- he went to many! How cute.

We also went on our first family trip to Galveston.  You were so good.  You stayed in your first hotel and slept in the pack'n play. We had such a great time.

We went to the doctor this past week on your 4 month birthday.  You weigh 11 pounds 15 ounces (15%), 23 1/4 inches long (10%) and your head circumference is in the 5%. The doctor said you looked great.

This month you also started drinking more formula.   You seem to like it and are doing fine with the substitute. I've had to stop breastfeeding because of an infection but I think you will be okay. I hope. I still have a months worth of breastmilk stored up for you in the freezer.

Most days go like this-- Wake up around 7:30ish, eat and play (usually read or have some girl time or maybe a walk).  Then you go back to bed around 9:30ish and sleep until 11:00am. When you get up, we eat and play in the exersaucer usually while watching our favorite educational videos (you LOVE the tv!!!) until you get tired again around 12:30.  Then you wake up around 2pm and you eat again and we have some school (mat time). You are usually pretty tired in the afternoon so you take another quick nap from 3:30-4:30pm.  Then we eat and play until Daddy gets home around 6pm.  Then it's bath time and another bottle and you put yourself down around 7.  You are exhausted and so it Mommy!! It's go go go all day long! You get your last bottle around 10pm and have been sleeping about 10 hours at night. Yes, in your swing still but good news.... this past week we have started putting you in the pack'n play in our room at night.  You are doing great! I hope you keep it up. In all honesty you would have been in your crib by now but the video monitor is broken and with your Daddy's schedule lately he still hasn't gotten around to fixing it and I just can't have you in there without it.

You are at the perfect age!!! You are trying to talk to me and hold a conversation.  You babble on and on.  You make eye contact with everyone and follow them with your eyes.  Nothing goes on in the room that you don't know about-- your Honey and I say you're nosey but I'm sure you would prefer "observate"... ha ha..(you come by it honestly) You've discovered Addy this month.  You watch her a lot. She loves you so much.  She gently comes up on the couch to say hello to you and licks your toes.. ha ha..I think you are starting to recognize special people too-- you light up when you see me or your Daddy. This month you also started rubbing your eyes with your little fist when you get tired.

You started playing with your toys this month.  I put you in the exersaucer and you spin the wheels by yourself.  I love it!You are really reaching for everything these days.  Don't worry, I've recorded it on my phone (and Daddy if you happen to read this Mommy wants a HD Flip Video for her birthday!). You also got special shoes around 3 1/2 months that I will talk about later in a post.

You also have discovered my hair this month and how much fun it is to hold it as tight as you can. You like to touch my face with your tiny fingers and try and put your fingers in my mouth or my eyes while I'm feeding you.

You love to sit in your Bumbo and watch me cook dinner.  You put your fingers in your mouth a lot and smack on them. It's too cute.  You try and get your whole fist in there! At night around 3:30 I hear some "smacking" and I know your up but you aren't crying or anything so I guess you're okay.  Speaking of crying, you hardly ever cry unless your hungry or getting tired.  I have people stop me and tell me how happy you seem and how alert you are all the time! Not to mention strong! So strong!! You are trying to use your tummy muscles to pull yourself up.  I put you in the swing the other day and I guess you didn't want to be in there because I looked up and you were trying to sit up.  I still love picking you up after your nap.  You are in SUCH a great mood-- I wish I could capture that moment and save it. Your grin is from ear to ear and it's just precious.

Your skin is a pretty porcelain color and your deep blue eyes are beautiful.  Your hair still has a strawberry blonde tint to it.  Some of your baby hair though is starting to fall out because of the way you're sleeping on it so I'm curious to see what color will grow back.

You are so blessed because you are loved by so many people! I can't wait to see what next month holds for us-- I am absolutely loving your age right now. Yes, we aren't getting out of the house much these days but we are having some great mother daughter time.  Sometimes when I hug you I think you are hugging me back. I love it! We love you so much and think everything you do is absolutely adorable! Can't wait to continue to watch you grow.

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Madelyn can't wait to play with sweet Campbell!!! She has been asking about her and wondering when she can play again. Hopefully next week!!!

    ReplyDelete