Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bitter Sweet

Well as everyone in my blog world knows,  I had a double staph infection (Mastitis) last week.  It was by far the most pain I have ever felt-- more than my Ceasarean and recovery days after.  I don't know how I got it but I got it about 2 weeks ago.  I went to the doctor that day and got medicine.  The problem was it really hurt my stomach and after about 3 days I felt better so I stopped taking it. Bad Mistake. Huge. It came back more angry than before. Anyway, after 5 1/2 days of hell, I'm better.  Needless to say, the doctor stopped me cold turkey from breastfeeding.  I was already trying to wing myself off so now I am completely done.  It's bitter sweet. On one hand I'M FREE! OMG! Breastfeeding doesn't consume my life anymore.  On the other hand is guilt.  Horrible guilt that I have let Campbell down. Dr. Irwin assures me that by four months Campbell has gotten 90% of all my antibodies already. Why does being a mom have to be so hard? Anyway, good bye old friend!

1 comment:

  1. its okay my friend...i only did it for 4 months too! The way I felt better was by making Hunters organic babyfood with a Babycook from Williams Sonoma! It was fun, super easy, and he loved it. He eats all veggies, fruits, and even things like Salmon to this day. I think its bc the babyfood was so rich in real flavor vs watered down jars.

    ReplyDelete