Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Campbell's 'Must Have' Baby List

Okay, so I know there are a couple of pregger's that read my blog (woo hooo Kate-- can't wait for that sweet baby!) so I thought I would write down some of Campbell's "Must Have" baby items so I can remember them for next time ;) Here are just a few that I can remember right now...


The BEST swaddle blanket period. My cousin Zach and his wife Adriane got it for us. Literally, this is the only blanket we use. She sleeps with it, take it with us into restaurants/mall... we never leave the house without it. Why? Because it's big and wide and light weight for Houston weather. I can double it up if she gets cold or drape it over the carseat if I don't want people to bother her.

Love the Bouncer-- it vibrates and is easy to story. (Thanks Beth & Scott!)

Wedge-- our pediatrician recommended this to help prevent SIDS. She likes it. Did you know SIDS peaks between 2-4 months?




" The Princess Mobile"-- My mom and I picked this up in College Station one day. I love it because it's so easy to load and take with us. Also, the seat is in a "L" shape so it doesn't cut Campbell's circulation off when she sits in it and can't reach the ground yet. The exersaucer hurt her until this past week when she was able to touch the ground.
We have a lamb instead of monkey but this invention is perfect! She can hold her own paci. Yeah!



I guess everyone knows what I think about this item :) We.could.not.live.without.this.swing.period!




Sound Machine from Bed, Bath & Beyond-- $20 (It has a mobile that plays on the ceiling-- Campbell loves it!-- Thanks Lane!)
3 Words--- OH MY GOSH! You HAVE to have this item. Laura saved my life, literally, when she told me about this blanket. She came over one night around 10 and I couldn't get Campbell to sleep and she swaddled her up tight in this blanket and Campbell was 'out' before I could walk to her bed to put her down!



Diaper Genie--Keeps the smell out. Worth the $40 bucks.





We love this Bumbo! We are using it as a highchair right now (you can buy a tray to go over it).

6 comments:

  1. We use so many of those things too! A few others that have helped us that we just bought (silly first time parents) - A formula pitcher by Dr. Brown's and a bottle warmer (Baby's First or something like that). Both were under $20 bucks and save SO much time. Also, not to alarm you, but Frank and I had a friend who works with Frank who's child actually died of SIDS BECAUSE of a wedge in the bed around two months ago. She was six months old, and managed to roll between the wedge and the edge of the crib and was stuck. If I were you I'd take that wedge outta the bed. We hope to meet C sometime soon!! She is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh Catherine! Thanks for telling me-- I just took it out of the crib for good. So scary. We need a family reunion asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to be debbie downer! If C really likes to be inclined, try the nap nanny - it has a harness that you can put on her to make sure she can't roll off it, eliminating the possibility that she'll get stuck. We also use the angel care monitor and it's really given us peace of mind (an alarm will go off if baby doesn't move or breathe for 20 seconds). Happy birthday by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley--

    What brand are the swaddling blankets?
    would love to get some for Baby Piper!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cindy!

    Piper will LOVE these blankets! I can't brag enough about how wonderful they are. They are lightweight and great for our hot Texas weather. I actually just ordered some extras to have around the house :)

    Their made by aden + anais and their website is www.adenandanais.com. They are in their Classic Muslim Collection but they also sell them at Petite Maison off of Woodway and Doodles in Rice Village.

    I know sweet baby Piper will enjoy them :) I hope Paige is doing well-- her and Kristin (and the babies) are in our of prayers :) If you have any other questions just email me ashleymoses03@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!! The list has definitely made my registry!

    ReplyDelete