Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Monday, August 2, 2010

5 and 6 Month Letter

Dear Campbell,

Well, it was bound to happen-- I've dropped the ball the last 2 months. It's been really crazy around here and there hasn't been a day that I haven't thought about how I NEED to write your letters! Gosh, where do I start....

Sleeping patterns-- well, I am happy to say you are still sleeping through the night. You put yourself to bed at 7pm (your sweet little eyes can't stay open any longer) and you usually wake up around 7 the next morning. Sometimes you hear Daddy when he's getting dressed in the mornings so he puts your paci back in your mouth around 5:45am and you go back to sleep. You love to play peek-a-boo with your blanket. It's so cute. You started this game around 5 months. You sleep with a very thin (and wonderful!) blanket by anaisandaden.com and you have to have it everytime you sleep. It's so cute, when you get tired you start rubbing your eyes with your fist. As far as naps go you have not been as consistent. Sometimes you take (2) 2 hour naps during the day and one 30 minute nap. Other times (most of the time) you take cat naps-- you only sleep for 20 minutes and then your up again! It's hard for Mommy to get anything done when you cat nap.

Eating habits-- you have been eating about 5-6 6 oz formula/breast milk bottles a day. You have also been eating solid foods (sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, peas, green beans, prunes, rice cereal) in the morning and starting this month you are going to have more and more solid foods.

Big 2 months for accomplishments, you are ROLLING OVER (both ways). You first rolled over from your tummy to back (the easiest) at the end of June and then back to tummy in July. You are so proud of yourself for doing it also. Of course Mommy got it on video over and over and over... ha ha... (will post soon!) You also love to put your foot in your mouth and continue to smile at everyone. I also "blow" kisses on your tummy and you giggle so much. It's priceless. Just like when I go into your room for the first time in the morning and you look at me with the most sincere "I love you Mommy" smile (oh yeah, you started sleeping in your bed at 4 months and are doing great!) When Aunt Ammy comes to visit we fight over who gets to pick you up from your bed.

You are also sitting up in a tripod position. You might ask what this is? It's when Mommy props you up to "sit up" and you lean forward with your hands to brace yourself. You are a stong little thing! You also stood by yourself for the 1st time on camera. You held onto your jungle mat by yourself. You have loved to stand since day 2 practically and just keep getting stronger and stronger.

Highlights of the last two months-- Daddy's 1st Father's Day fell on Mommy's 29th birthday and your 5 month birthday (June 20th). We celebrated by going to church (Daddy got to "stand up" as a Father for the first time-- it was so cute) and then eating at Rainbow Lounge. You were so good and people at the other tables kept fussy over how pretty and happy you were. You were eating it up!

Also, Mommy and Daddy went on their first trip away from you. They went to Las Vegas for Lollie and Poppy's 30th birthday celebration. They missed you like CRAZY and couldn't wait to get back and hold you :) Honey and Pepe along with Aunt Ammy and Uncle Will kept you-- you had a ball shopping, eating out, and getting held ALL the time I'm sure!

You got another cousin this month also!! William Andrew Meyer was born to Drew and Kate! We also found out you will be getting twin cousins come November!!! Yeah!

We have of course been having playdates with your bff's Madelyn and Lucy Rose. It's so cute to see all you girls together. I just know you will be forever friends. Maddie and you celebrated your half year birthday's together (pictures to come!) with party hats and all!

You also went to Market for the 1st time with Mommy, Aunt Ammy, Honey, Kiki and Taryn. You were great! A born shopper!

On a sad note, you went to your 1st funeral (don't worry you stayed in the Fellowship Hall with Kiki and Mary--thanks again ladies!). Our sweet, wonderful Papaw passed away (July 5th). It's been really hard on everyone but you were a shining star in all the sadness and got to meet all your extended cousins/aunts/uncles, etc.

You love to play in your exersaucer. It's so cute because you are so intense when you play. It's like your mimicing Daddy at work--- you are always so busy and multitasking and all business... ha ha...

Here's your stats for your 6 month checkup:
14lbs 8 oz (25%)
241/2 inches long (10%)
16 in diameter (10%)

You are so petite and your chubby legs and cheeks are too cute. It's been so much fun for Mommy to dress her little doll!

Everyday I love you more and more and I didn't think it was possible to love you anymore than I already do. I can't wait to see what next month brings. I feel truly blessed everyday to have you. You light up our world! We love you Cammy!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment