Dear Sweet Campbell,
I can't believe you are already 3 months! WOW! You are getting so big-- time really does fly when you are having fun. Before you were born I didn't know anything about babies. Not that I know anything now (I'm still having to get advice ALOT) but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. I can tell which cries mean what. For instance, you have a "I'm hungry cry", "I'm hurt cry", "I'm tired cry", even a "No one's giving me attention cry.. aka.. your fake cry"... ha ha..
You got your first sickness-- Broncolitus (RSV) at 3 months almost exactly. What the heck?? I thought breastmilk (Oh yeah, I'm STILL breast feeding-- go me, go me, go me!) was supposed to help prevent that!! So disappointed in BM right now. The good news is it was so mild the doctor didn't even give us medication. You also had a mysterious green dot on your thumb. Wierd! It freaked me and your dad out that I called and rushed you to the doctor. Yes, I am that mom that goes in for everything! Heck, what else do we have to do all day, right?? j/k I would rather be safe than sorry. She did give us medication for that and we went back for a follow-up visit for your lungs and thumb today and everything was a-okay.
You have been a little giggle bug lately. Not to mention your little smile just melts my heart. You see, you smile so big that I can hardly see your eyes... ha ha... Your cheeks are so big (sorry girlfriend-- that comes from me). Almost every morning when we wake up and I say "Goodmorning beautiful" you get the biggest grin on your face and can't stop smiling! I love it! You also LOVE seeing your daddy. If he comes in the room, you follow him with your eyes. You just adore him and he adores you-- it is precious!
This past week you have started playing in your exersaucer and seem to really enjoy it. That and the tv!! Holy cow you love watching our HD tv-- the bright colors are amazing and you look hilarious watching it. You sit in your pink bumbo and it's like you are small adult sitting in a recliner chair. You even start giggling sometimes and its like you are giggling at the tv so then we start giggling. You love the tv show Glee by the way.. ha ha..
You had your 1st Easter this month. We went to Coleman for a week to see Honey and Pepe. You seemed to enjoy the slow pace not to mention getting to meet ALOT of your family members.
You love to show people you can stand up on your own two feet. You just stand and look around like "look, look, I'm standing here people!" You are also so alert! I have had strangers come up to us and tell me they have never seen a baby so alert. You are in everyone's business... ha ha..
As far as food is concerned, you love it! You can down your bottle in record time! Right now you are eating around 26 ounces a day. For the most part it's breast milk but I have started supplementing formula lately just to make sure you are getting all that you need. Man it's hard being a mom, there's nothing like the motherly guilt. The first time I gave you a bottle of formula I felt like I was failing you as a mom. Geez! What is wrong with me? It was only one bottle and after all you had it in the hospital? I still feel that way sometimes but I have to stop being so hard on myself because I AM still giving you breast milk. You have also been sleeping for about 10 hours a night but that is a whole other blog post!
This month was a hard month for Mommy. We lost a close friend and everytime I would cry you would start crying. Right before you cry you stick your bottom lip out and tuck in your top lip. It's the most pitful thing I have ever seen!! (so cute too though).
On a funny note, last weekend your dad and I took you to Carrabba's for dinner. Let's just say it will be a looonnnng time before we go back there! You were an angel until we sat down and ordered. Then all of the sudden you started screaming at the top of your lungs. I couldn't calm you down, your daddy couldn't calm you down and finally after getting tired of everyone starring at us we left! We flagged down the waitress and had her make it to go. Once we got home you were fine again. I checked you from head to toe thinking something was hurting you but no, nothing!
I have to apologize to you. This morning I was trying to clip your fingernails and was doing great until I got to finger #10. Oh, finger #10-- your bad thumb of course. I accidentally cut you a tiny bit. You looked at me and gave me the saddest, most pitiful frown and cry and I lost it! I picked you up immediately and hugged you and I balled like a baby. I am sooooo sorry! I will never cut your fingers again. From now on you are going to win the world record of the longest fingernails ever.
I'm still waking up in the middle of the night hovering over you to make sure you're breathing. I just can't help it-- it's alot of responsiblity being a mom. The week after Easter I tried moving you to your crib to sleep. That was a disaster! You showed me! You woke up every 2 hours crying. The next day you were hoarse from crying so much even though I kept running in there to get you. The monitor helped a lot but I still didn't feel peace. So, after a week of no sleep for me or you I made the executive decision to move you back into our room. I know, I know, I gave in but I just don't think you were ready yet and neither was I. You LOVE sleeping in your swing and for now that is where you will stay. After all, when you sleep in your swing you sleep 9 hours straight!! For your some-day-sister-or-brother though, we will start him/her out in the crib from day one but like I have always told my parents, the first child is always the guinea pig.
We love you more and more each day. I can't even remember our life before you! You are our sunshine. I go to bed every night thanking God for putting you in my life! I hope we are doing an okay job so far at being your parents because you deserve the best. Someday you will look back at this blog and hopefully see how truly deep our love is for you :) You are absolutely perfect in our eyes and we love you to the moon and back :) (One of our favorite books you and I read!)
Love,
Mommy and Daddy
Here are the stats from your last dr. visit-- 13 weeks:
10 pounds, 11 ounces
22 inches long
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment