Dear Campbell,
WOW! Where has the time gone? You are 9 weeks and 4 days right now as I write this letter and last night (Saturday night) was a huge milestone for you!!!! You slept 10 1/2 hours!!!! And wasn't ready to get up then but your daddy was worried you needed to eat so he woke you up. You got up ate and went straight back to sleep and are sleeping now. Your crazy mother kept waking up in the middle of the night to make sure you were still breathing. Lately I have had the worst fear of SIDS. You see, your pediatrician said SIDS peaks between 2-4 months and so in mommyland that means worry worry worry and no sleep for me. This crazy lady is waking up and moving you to make sure you are still breathing-- I apologize now for "stirring" you but someday you will understand.
You are cooing and trying to talk to us more and more. The best part of my day is when you wake up. You are absolutely precious. You don't start crying when you wake up. You open your eyes and just start smiling when you see me! It MELTS my heart! You are such a happy baby. You started laughing this week also (9 weeks). It's so cute.
You love to sleep in a "touchdown" position. It's adorable. Anytime I try and tuck your arms in you raise them right back up like you are yelling touchdown in your sleep... lol
You are also still crossing your fingers... it's so funny! You either place your hands in the "pray" position (week 2) or cross your fingers like you are wishing upon something (week 1).
You also had your first work "outing". On Friday night we went to your daddy's work crawfish boil. You were so good!! You were awake the whole time and soaking it all in with those big blue eyes. Everyone loved you :)
You have been trying to hold your head up since day 2 (Mommy doesn't remember anything about day 1... lol) Now, for the past month (starting around 5 weeks) you are putting more and more weight on your legs. It's almost like you are trying to stand! I barely hold your hands and you stand for about 20 seconds on your own. Is this normal? I think you are and overachiever like your dad!
I don't get ANYTHING done anymore. I am constantly feeding you (20-30 mins every 3-4 hours) or changing your diaper (at least 12 diapers a day) or burping you or giving you a bath or playing school (20 mins a day) or reading to you (when I remember!) or doing your laundry or cleaning your bottles or pumping you breastmilk (30 mins a day 4 times a day!) or trying to put you down for a nap (sometimes it takes a while to get you down).... I'm exhausted just typing it! Not to mention it's impossible to get dressed or take a bath or try and run errands (your carrier and you are heavy to tote around--20lbs and growing!). I had NO idea I wouldn't be able to get anything done anymore. You start crying and want to be held most of the time.... (I know, I know I'm working on her not being held as much-- tell the grandparents and aunts please... lol) The best part is I wouldn't change a thing! I love being your mommy! And I have already fixed one problem-- I hired a maid once a week... yea Mom!!!
You are very alert these days. You watch people come into the room and seem more like a mini human than a baby... lol You can raise one eyebrow and give me these looks like "what in the world am I wearing?" I captured them on the camera so I will show you one day-- it's priceless.
Another big milestone was your baptism at 8 weeks. It was perfect. Jim Jackson baptized you and the whole congregation prayed for you. The prayed for peace, joy, integrity, and godly boyfriends (lol) to name a few.... You didn't like the water on your head at all! You screamed but then were fine again when he held you close. We know you will always have a close relationship with God and can't wait for you to learn more about Him.
You and I get out alot these days... it helps me stay sane. You went to Neimans at 3 weeks, you've already been to the Galleria more times than your daddy probably, Tiny Box Wood to eat lunch a couple of times, and just out and about around town. You also love the car. It puts you asleep.
We also went to the pediatrician for your 2 months shots. Daddy had to hold you while Mommy sat in the corner crying. I couldn't stand it. Thank goodness your Daddy got to go! Here are your stats... 10 pounds even (25%), 21 1/2 inches long (10%), and your head cir. was in the 5%. I think they messed up but your Daddy doesn't. He just laughed that your head was so small while your Mommy was asking to see the doctor again to talk to her about it!
We love you so much! I hate to even be away from you for a moment. I don't know what we did before having you-- your daddy and I just look at you all the time and think how precious you are! We can't wait to see what next month brings.
We Love You,
Mommy and Daddy
Friday, April 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey...best baby monitor EVER for helping you worry a little less about SIDS. It really does work, and it has been my absolute favorite baby item for both Aidan and Jayce! Expensive, but totally worth every penny! Angelcare Deluxe Movement Monitor
ReplyDeletehttp://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2970307