Family

Family

Campbell

Campbell

Connor

Connor

Collins

Collins

Monday, July 20, 2009

Day Ranch Resort and Spa a.k.a my parents house :)

The back porch. It's really nice in the morning and late afternoon. We would eat breakfast outside and then play "42" at night.

I love all the lounge chairs-- they are so comfy!


You gotta love the infiniti pool overlooking Lake Ivie.

Well, after a nice and relaxing stay at the "Day Ranch Resort and Spa" a.k.a. my parents house in Coleman, I'm finally home. I was gone about 10 days and it was great. I didn't do anything but eat, sleep and relax in a NORMAl house with normal carpet and finally cable. Needless to say, I'm all caught up on my tv shows plus some! It was great seeing my family and my mom waited on me hand and feet. She's the best! She made sure I had everything I love (food!!)-- homemade chicken strips and steak fingers, homemade mashed potatoes, homemade maccaroni and cheese, bread and gravy, roast, homemade sweet tea, white chocolate cake, Neiman Marcus cookies, homemade strawberry ice cream and these are only to name a few!! She also drove into town to sit with me while I ate my "must have" restaurants in Coleman like Best Fried Chicken, El Taquito and Owl's Drug (she hates these but I love them!). Gosh, it's great being home. They just finished their pool so I thought I would put a couple of pictures up of their "resort" :)

R.J. and I spent this past weekend at Lake Conroe to help break up my long trip back. I finally got home last night and remembered very quickly why I left. Nothing has changed with the house. Before I left, I joked with him and said I wasn't coming home until I had cable-- well I should have had someone investigate that for me before I agreed to come home. R.J. out smarted me. I STILL DON'T HAVE CABLE! He got some antenna box from his dad that changes our tv from analog to digital-- I mean really.... am I living through this?!?!?! Who doesn't have cable these days! Don't worry, any of you that know me know that by the end of this week we WILL have cable. I'm calling tomorrow to get a provider. I looked today and there are so many choices. I wonder if they will give me a discount if I tell them that we don't need any ESPN, CNN or stockmarket channels.... I mean, if R.J. has done without these channels for almost a month I don't think he needs them. After all he has hulu.com. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment